Friday, May 20, 2011

Jude is on a Roll

Today, Jude and I went to his 4 month appointment.  As I already knew, everything is going wonderfully.  He is still the polar opposite of his sister and making it relatively easy to have two kids.  He has now reached 17 pounds and 26 inches long, and it's only a matter of time before he catches Bella in size.

After talking with his doctor, he now has her full blessing to start solid foods.  We've already sampled some cereal but within a couple of weeks we can also try adding a vegetable to it as well.  This boy is huge and he wants to eat.  The more I get him to like food now, hopefully, the more he will want to eat later.  I have a feeling that he won't have any trouble picking up whatever I put on his tray and gobbling it up.  You never really know until you try it, but all signs point to this conclusion.  Of course, I have to get him sitting up on his own and picking things up first :).

Jude is also rolling around to his right.  He'll try to roll to get somewhere, but only to his right.  I don't know why, but I suppose anything to his left just isn't as interesting.  This also leads to lots of waking up in the middle of the night.  At least he'll go back to sleep in a decent amount of time without me having to feed him.  We'll get back to consistently sleeping through the night soon enough.  By 6 months, we expect him to be sitting on his own and possibly start crawling.  He's right on track.  Soon, he'll be the one knocking his sister over!

In the meantime, I'll allow Bella to torture him with her hugs and kiss because it's just that adorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment