Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Life Update: November edition

Wow I've been lazy this year.  At least, when it comes to this blog.  I have around a third of the posts I did last year.  Now that the year is coming to a close, I figured another post is in order. 

We finally sold our house.  For the next two months, I will be able to look at our bank account and see "paid in full".  It's a great feeling, until you realize that I'm going to have another mortgage starting in March.  Hmmm, oh well.  It's worth it to have a place that's our own.  I'm getting more and more excited about it by the day.  We have a pre-drywall appointment on Thursday to see the inside of the house and where everything will be.  Getting a new house allows you these funny little experiences.  You don't get to see underneath the drywall in an older home, unless you do some heft renovations. 

Aside from all of our housing plans finally working out, I've been thinking a lot about babies recently.  So many new little ones have been entering our world and it's such an exciting time.  Things have finally slowed down a bit, as the last baby due of those I know is due in February.  I think we may have a lull coming for a year or so :).  After all, not too many people want to have babies back to back. 

It's strange to think that I had a newborn at this time two years ago and was 7 months pregnant this time one year ago.  Then I take a step back and realize how fast that went and that now is the time to enjoy the lovely chaos in my life.  After having two for a while, I know I'd love to have more kids (especially after meeting an amazing mother of five, whom I work with).  However, I know I'd love for both of my kids to be cognizant of a pregnancy if we have another baby.  I'd love them to be able to talk to us about it and, if I'm really lucky, have them help out with a new baby once in a while. I think that would be so cool.  But, hey, we all have dreams that don't always work out the way we planned, so we'll see if my little dream happens as such.

In the meantime, it's also hard to believe that Jude's closing in on his first birthday.  Unlike with Arabella, that happened fast.  He's huge and extremely active and mischievous.  He can hold his own while playing with Arabella.  Aside from walking and talking, he's so much like his sister.  They both love to play and dance and that's what we do all day long.  I look forward to him beginning to walk and talk next.  I'd say learning, but I think he knows how to do both and just chooses not to.  It wouldn't surprise me if he is headstrong like that.  Amidst that, I look forward to planning a mini-first birthday for him and seeing him slam into an awesome mini-cake.  You should know, that is always the best part of a first birthday.  If there's no mess, then how do you know you've had fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment