Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Waiting

I really have little motivation to update either of my blogs at this point.  I now chase after my toddler most of the time so I don't always find the time to sit at the computer long enough to put something together.  The great thing, though, is that I can update this blog in a shorter amount of time than my name blog.  That takes a little more effort.

My update today is all about waiting.  It's hard to say that you're miserable when you're waiting for a baby to show up.  No matter how awful you feel, you're getting something pretty amazing out of it.  But, the waiting game is crappy.  Some days go by just fine, but many of them seem to drag on forever!  I wake up every morning (ya know, when I decide that I'll just stay up after going to the bathroom for the 7th or 8th time) and I find myself able to say "Nope.  Today isn't the day."  I know that you can go into labor at anytime of day, but I still just don't see myself going into labor in the middle of the day.

The upside is that my wait has been cut down by 2 weeks.  At 38 weeks and 1 day, I will be induced.  This is assuming that I haven't already had Jude by then.  My body has done a lot of the pre-work when it comes to labor.  I really just have to start having some true contractions and we're off to the races.  However, as some of you know, I can sit here at 4 cm dilated and 50%+ effaced for a few weeks and not go into labor.  That is what has made this wait so unbearable.  The fact that I can go into labor at any minute and already be half way there.  It just makes it feel like labor should have happened by now.  So, having an actual labor date has made me quite a bit less anxious. 

Whether I will make it another 9 days or not is a big question mark, but at least I know that's all the more I'll have to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment