Saturday, October 29, 2011

Sooner or Later

SO, we were supposed to close on Thursday this last week.  Now did that happen?  No.  Of course not.  That would be far too easy.  Now we have a leaky roof to have patched up and then we might possible have our closing scheduled.  I wouldn't be so infuriated if this wasn't the buyer's lender's fault.  We did everything we're supposed to do, but their laziness has cost us more money.  I can safely say that I would prefer not having to sell a house again for a very long time.  I know we will, but it doesn't have to be anytime soon. 

On the other front, we have completed another step in buying our house.  We went to a pre-wiring meeting and to the design center to pick a few things out for the house.  That was fun, so to speak.  It's neat to pick out some colors and where your wiring will go, but it isn't like going to on a dinner/movie date.  Hopefully, this week Steve will have the pre-construction meeting to get a tentative timeline on how things will pan our for our new home.  As of right now, the frame for the first level is in and we're well on our way to having a brand new townhouse.

It's been stressful to move.  However, there are so many great things that wait for us here.  We just have to get over this hurdle and things will start to ease again and we'll be able to relax and enjoy life. 

2 comments:

Elle Fowler said...

I'm pretty sure moving is never "easy" but you guys seem to have hit the jackpot of roadblocks. My parents HATED selling their last house. It makes me feel like I'd rather fit 8 children into my little 3 bedroom than move - BUT it's awesome that you get to pick things about your new home! You'll have a move-in ready home already the colors you want!

klcalder said...

I'm hoping that the next time we move, it will be years from now and just in the same area. If we're looking in a nearby area, then there won't be so much pressure to get our house sold and moving our stuff to our new area, blah blah blah. At least we have had an ok offer, unlike what your parents had to put up with. I remember how miserable it was for them. I also wouldn't have wanted to be in my parent's position either. Both were miserable sales. So, I'm going to be thankful that our house sold as quickly as it did and that our losses aren't anything we can't quickly recover.

Post a Comment