Thursday, July 22, 2010

That's the spot!

A lot has happened recently.  New car, new carpet, another well baby check up.  Enough stuff to cause some stress.  Now, I'm not saying my life is hard by any means!  It's not a walk in the park, but things could be a lot tougher than they are now.  However, I could always go for a good massage.  That was my mother's day present.  A massage, a manicure, and a pedicure. 

I waited on it some because of my surgery on my toes.  They still aren't 100% healed, but they are well enough to be poked and prodded.  But then, I found out I'm pregnant.  Unfortunately, that means no massages for a while, prenatal or not.  There's a slight risk that you could miscarry if a certain place on your body is rubbed or moved too much.  I'm not sure exactly how that all works, but I just know that its recommended you wait to get a prenatal massage after your first trimester.

Being 12 weeks means that the second trimester is near!  However, I'm still skeptical to get a message so soon after the benchmark, so I'll wait until my next check up and talk to my doc about it.  I figure that's usually a good plan.  I am very excited for a massage though, I must say.  I carry a lot of tension anyway because I have a tendency to stress myself out over nothing. 

It will be nice to let some of that go for a little while!  I think that a great time to do this would be right before our Disney trip.  If I'm relaxed before we go, then perhaps it won't be so stressful while we're there.  If I'm relaxed, then maybe Bella will chill out with me!  Or I could leave it for the return, to get over the busy week.  Either way, its going to be a welcomed mini-vacation from worrying and stress!  Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment