Thursday, July 1, 2010

Traveling with a baby

Saturday, we're going to Tulsa for a couple of days to visit friends.  Now, its so close, that it doesn't make sense not to drive.  BUT, how easy is driving for any length of time with an infant anyway?  Well, I take Bella to my mom's a good amount and that is an hour long drive.  The typical for those trips is Bella being awake for around 5-20 minutes of the drive, playing with toys and what not, then the other part she is asleep.  Easy peasy!  The only drive we've taken at length was in Pennsylvania and that was around a 2 and a half hour drive.  No big deal really.  I think I had to get in the back and feed her on the way back.  Again, there was a lot of sleeping.

This time, however, is different.  It's almost double the length of a trip, so Bella will need to eat probably at least once during the drive.  Then there's the fact that I'm pregnant.  I can't be cramped in a car for too long before I start whining about something.  Bathroom, food, leg pain, back pain.  Something usually comes up.  So, who's gonna be more trouble: mom or baby?  And how is Steve going to cope with all of this?  I don't think that it will be as much trouble as I might be making it out to be, but the journey is surely going to be interesting.  So, stay tuned for vacation news.  Will Steve survive?  How many times will we have to stop the car?  Will the baby or myself whine first?  And will we get to relax while there (its highly unlikely since I won't be able to just sit in a hotel, that would be a waste of my 2 and a half days with Michelle and company!)?  Then there's also the fact that this is just a warm up for Disney World in August.....ugh.  I think its safe to say that that trip will NOT be relaxing.  But at least I'll eat like a queen.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't forget that drive we took to Lubbock

Elle Fowler said...

Don't worry! We'll relax at my Mom's 4th of July party on Saturday, and maybe go do an easy day at the zoo sunday...surely it won't be too strenuous :)

Seriously though, if you get tired we'll pack it in. I know how hard it is to be pregnant, tired, nauseous, and not want to be a spoil sport so relaxing is fine to add into the agenda!

klcalder said...

OMG ZOO!!!!!!!!! I WANNA GO TO THE ZOO!!!!!!

Post a Comment