Sunday, November 7, 2010

Someone put the wreath up!

How early can you start decorating for Christmas?  Well, Steve's rule is right after Thanksgiving.  For me, if I had things to decorate for Thanksgiving with, then that would be an acceptable answer.  However, I don't even have a fall wreath to put on the door!  I am itching to decorate.  The only thing that keeps me sane about it is the fact that I'm fairly large now and Bella is still so young that I don't have to worry about her remembering all of this.  I figure you decorate enough to take some good pictures and all is well. 

This also brings up the matter of how much do you do to decorate.  This year, I would like to actually decorate outside.  Get some lights in the bushes, maybe on the house!  Perhaps find a couple of lit up figures to decorate the front yard.  And I've already got the wreath for the door.  You don't have to do much to decorate well.  Now, when it comes to having school-aged kids....that's when the decorating becomes crazy.  And that is certainly something I am excited for!  Only a few more years, right?

1 comment:

Elle Fowler said...

November 1st. Thanksgiving is pre-christmas. Pilgrims + Indians = happy meal is a bunch of crap made up by 2nd grade teachers. Never happened. I have Christmas up already. So tell Steve I said :P

Post a Comment