Tuesday, November 2, 2010

3 months left and counting down......

I am still finding it hard to believe that I really am having appointments every 2 weeks now.  I still feel like I have a long time before I'm actually having this baby.  But, its true.  I am 1 day away from being in my 3rd trimester and I am 3 months to the day from my due date. 

Some mommies despise going to the doctor so often.  Its such a hassle to go up there only to be seen for a total of 5 minutes to find out everything is just fine.  But I am the opposite.  I love it.  I absolutely love going to my doctor.  To me, there's a camaraderie between all of the other pregnant women that come in.  Most of the time I end up talking to someone about their experience, sharing stories.  I also like knowing that I'm on track and hearing the heartbeat.  I even like getting my blood pressure taken.  Its like a competition with myself to see how low it will be this time.  Not that I want it to be dangerously low, but I am notorious for having a healthy low blood pressure, even being overweight. 

The other thing is that I don't even find myself waiting long for my short appointment.  My doctor's office seems to be really efficient.  Even today, I had a glucose test but I was only in the office for an hour.  I got in early to drink the solution and exactly an hour later I got pricked on the finger.  The test results are instant as well, so no waiting there.  I just had to wait an hour for the glucose to go into my system.  The appointments themselves are so easy now.  I hardly have an questions even with having a completely different pregnancy experience.  I don't know if its just that having a child now makes me worry less about the little things with this pregnancy or if its something else, but I'm far less stressed out about the little aches and pains. 

One thing that is still a pain about the appointments is being weighed.  I have an issue with sweets.  A big one.  Its a huge surprise that I'm NOT diabetic.  But, you can see my love for sweets in my weight gain.  Pregnancy is truly a wonderful time for me to show self restraint in this department.  You want to gain weight, but you don't want to gain too much weight.  So, its up to me to control my urge to bake and make sure I eat a healthy and balanced diet.  With the home stretch in view, this is even more important.  You gain most of your pregnancy weight in the last trimester because the baby's growth goes into overdrive.  So, my goal for this holiday season is to control my urge to eat every pie, cake, or candy that comes my way and to make sure that I eat a balanced diet to make sure that Jude is gaining good weight and not just sugar weight.

3 months left and counting down......

No comments:

Post a Comment