Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Here we go

So, we're officially moving.  Now we officially need a date.  This whole mess is very frustrating.  Until Steve gets some paperwork turned in, we don't really know what's going on and contacting the relocation people is pointless.  I'm very excited for this move to be done and it hasn't even started.  And by done, I mean we're there, settled in, and our house here is sold.  That last part is VERY important.  I mean really, who wants to pay for two residences.

There are some things working on my side for all of this.  I do have to find a new pediatrician (BOO) but at least I have until October to find one for sure.  That is when Bella will have her 2 year and Jude will have his 9 month appointment.  I'll have to find new doctors for Steve and I, not that we ever go now.  However, we probably should. 

I can search for new Mother's day out programs for Bella.  I like the one we're in, but there might be a Catholic one in MD and Steve would be excited about that.  Also, perhaps there will be a little bit of variance in the pricing.

The one thing that I'm really excited about, though.  DE-CLUTTERING!  During this move, we have to be able to whittle down our belongings to what can fit in a 2 bedroom apartment.  I must say, I love that idea.  I feel like we have so much junk and half of it doesn't get used.  Time to clean out!

One added bonus is that I might be able to go see my parents (who have been in Alabama for a month now).  It would be a tad out of the way, but what better time to go than when you're on the move anyway!

By the end of August, all of this will be decided and done.  It seems unreal that in 2 months we will go from knowing nothing to not being in Texas and everything (almost) being decided.  Here we go.

2 comments:

Elle Fowler said...

Finally! This is the slowest move ever! I'm sad you'll be so far away, but excited to come visit you somewhere so cool!

klcalder said...

Absolutely! I'll be close to Annapolis, which is supposed to be beautiful, and DC, which has tons of museums and history to explore.

Post a Comment