Monday, July 25, 2011

Ready or Not

These next two months are going to be very stressful.  In the next 48 hours, Steve will receive his start date and we will be able to get in contact with a realtor to get our house on the market.  Most likely, Steve will be leaving on August 10th or 11th and will be in Maryland from then on.  I get to stay behind for a bit as we try to sell the house.  I find this very frightening as I have to watch over my two sweet little monsters.  It might not be so bad if I had a near by adult to spend time with but most of my friends and family live at least an hour away.  That makes it hard to just get up and go find some good company.

There's also the fact that I have to try to keep this house immaculate while I remain here.  Ideally, we will find a townhouse to buy within the first month that Steve is there and, after another month, we will be able to move into it.  However, there's never any guarantees that things will work out the way you want.  So, I plan on bracing myself for the worst.  Even while doing that, though, I plan to keep myself sane by reminding myself that this isn't forever and my situation is not that bad.  It isn't.  I'm not completely without help, it's just a little ways away.  This isn't forever.

I'm glad that we are finally getting close to the end of this journey.  I am very much ready to move. 

No comments:

Post a Comment