Thursday, May 20, 2010

Too bad babies can't have the nitrous

Like clockwork, Bella has been walking up around 4-5 hours after she first falls asleep.  You might think, oh well, she must be hungry or maybe she's having a growth spurt.  Well, I can tell you she isn't hungry and perhaps it is a growth spurt coming around, but I think that would be just a coincidence.  The real culprit here is teething.  And let me tell you, teething's a bitch!  I could give this child a rattlesnake and she'd try to chew on it (as if I would touch a snake, HA!).  Her gums are very red in a few spots.  Then there's the bits of gum at the point where the tooth will pop out that are now a very light flesh color because the pressure of the incoming teeth is causing the blood to go elsewhere.  Its pretty miserable to see where that pain is coming from and hear her cry and scream about and not be able to do a thing about it.

Although for me, the worst part of all of this isn't necissarily the early morning wake up calls that force me to walk her around for 15-30 minutes before she'll go back to sleep.  The worst part is that she just hates to eat.  She'll take like 2 ounces of formula and then tap out!  What's that about!?!  She already has trouble eating and we don't need the extra aggrevation!  I hate knowing that she might lose some weight if she won't eat properly.  Then there is all the screaming that comes along with the teething, which leads to lots of air bubbles and lots and lots of gas.  Its pretty obvious that those gas bubbles hurt, alot.  I'm just hoping that these teeth will come in as a nice cluster and then slow down alot so we have some time between these obviously traumatic events!

No comments:

Post a Comment