Thursday, October 28, 2010

Ok, I'm starting to feel like Alice chasing the White Rabbit now.

I think it's about time I come to grips with the fact that the next 3 months are going to go by very quickly.  For that matter, the next 6 months are going to go by very quickly.  Why, you might ask?  Well, obviously you have the holidays but I also know quite a few pregnant ladies who are all due within weeks of one another.  Already, this month has just flown away.  To give you an idea of how fast this will be, here's a little timeline for you:

Two weekends ago: My cousin got married
Last Wednesday: Bella's first birthday
Last Saturday: Bella's first birthday party

Two big events in less than a week.  Moving onto the future!

3 days from now: Halloween.  Time to dress up and party hearty!  Don't forget to hand out candy to the little ones.
4 weeks: Thanksgiving.  Hooray for all that we've been given and the delicious stuffing and pies that come with this joyous holiday!
5 weeks: Hanukkah begins.  A shout out to my few Jewish friends out there! 
6 weeks: Miss Trisha is due with her first baby, a boy!  Can you believe it?  It's right around the corner!
7 weeks: Michelle's first baby, Evelyn, will celebrate her first birthday!  Its already been a year since we had little newborns to take care of...now its time to bust out the 1 candle.
7-9 weeks: My sister is due with her second baby.  There is a possibility that she is 2 weeks further along than her doctor originally thought, thus the 2 week span.
8 weeks: My niece (sister's first girl) will be 2 years old.  Already to the terrible 2s :)
8 weeks and 2 days: Christmas.  The biggest holiday for a lot of people I know.  It is a great holiday to celebrate!  For Christians, the greatest thing to celebrate happened on this day. 
9 weeks and 2 days: New Year's Day.  WHAT!?!  Another year already....scary.
13 weeks: Heather's second baby boy will be 1!
14 weeks: My next baby is due.  Trippy.  Very trippy.
15 weeks: Angela H's first baby will be 1!
19 weeks: Kayla's baby is due.  A first for her and her husband.  A greatly anticipated first!
24 weeks: Heidi's baby is due.  Another couple with a first.  This one has been a long time coming :)!

All of this is going to happen in the next 6 months.  I can hardly believe it.  It feels like I just found out these girl's, and myself, were pregnant and now almost all of us are past the halfway point.  INSANE!  I've never felt that time was slipping away from me with my little girl, like many moms do, but now, it's happening. 

With all of the holidays and events fast approaching, I know she'll be walking before I can realize it's happened.  Once that happens, things are really gonna take off for her and I won't have a baby anymore, but a toddler.  My life is never going to be the same again, for a wonderful reason of course.  Even better, I'm going to get to say that many times in the next year and watch a lot of friends experience the same unique feeling!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I have this feeling that once December hits, everything is going to shift into 5th gear. The first half of 2011 is going to be crazy busy but awesome at the same time. I am both excited and scared for that reality.
I am also going to really enjoy the holiday meals this year! I remember 5 years ago looking lustfully at the halloween treats as I was trying really hard not to pack on any pounds between now and my wedding. This year I say bring it on! (Especially since I have only gained 3 pounds throughout these first 16 weeks!)
Oh how time is going to fly but for some of the most spectacular reasons!!!

Post a Comment