Wednesday, December 8, 2010

In case of Emergency

Well, I was fairly successful taking care of my niece and daughter Monday night and Tuesday morning.  The trick was getting Natalie to sleep.  Of course, its difficult when you aren't really sure of her sleeping patterns or can't meet her every whim.  Natalie almost always sleeps with Lynsie and I simply wasn't going to do that.  But by rubbing her tummy after laying her in bed, she fell asleep and I could walk away.  Nap time was a different story, but the cry it out method worked wonders!  She whined for less than 5 minutes then fell asleep.  BOO-YAH!

Unfortunately, this adventure came to an abrupt end shortly after Steve got home.  He came home early to work from home in case I got overwhelmed.  Such a nice guy!  Anyway, my mom called to tell us Lynsie was being rushed into an emergency C-section due to bleeding.  Luckily, once the birth was over, the bleeding had been stopped and the baby had come out screaming and kicking.  I don't think we were worried about the baby quite as much as we were worried about Lynsie.  We already knew the baby was going to be small but she was technically at term now and her doctors saw no problems prior to the induction.

Being induced is obviously hard, seeing as Lynsie wasn't making much progress to begin with, but then the emergency on top of that was just scary.  Unfortunately, the placenta had started to rip from her uterus and well, that causes bleeding.  I suppose the induction was a blessing in disguise, because if she hadn't been there for it, this same thing could have happened anyway later on.  Lynsie was simply prone to placenta issues due to some choices of hers, which I will not go into.  The thing that really matters is that both mother and baby are alright. 

Lynsie is now in quite a bit of pain, which is no surprise, but she's doing just fine and will have a great helper in my mom to help her recover.  The baby, Audrey Diana, is doing better than Lynsie, honestly.  Even at 4 lbs, 12 oz, she's a healthy little girl and she stayed in the regular nursery from the start.  Lynsie's also up and moving now, so she can have Audrey with her whenever she likes.  Lynsie has to stay a little longer than Audrey in the hospital, so they'll both be there until the weekend.  Other than that, things have gotten back to "normal", or at least the new normal now that Lynsie has 2 kids. 

:) I get the old normal for another month and a half or so.  Until then, I'm gonna relax as much as possible.  It looks like I'll need to.

No comments:

Post a Comment