Sunday, December 5, 2010

Now we need to focus!

December is generally a busy month for many people.  You have to wrap up things at work before the new year.  Its time again to think about holiday presents for your family and close friends.  You have to get the decorations up inside and outside the house.  Then there are usually some parties to be had.

On top of all that, sometimes, you get a lot of extra tasks put before you.  For instance, Steve and I have a lot of baby related tasks to finish this month.  We have to get a crib, the mattress, and bedding for Jude.  My sister is planned to have her second girl December 7th and I get to take care of Natalie for her.  I expect that to be one hell of an adventure.  Two toddlers while 32 weeks pregnant.....its certainly going to be interesting.  We also have a nursery to paint.  We've got out colors!  Its just a matter of tapping the room, moving the furniture out, and getting down to the task at hand.  Bella will get to sleep in our room for a couple of days.  That's always exciting!

With all of this going on, in addition to 4 birthdays and Christmas, its time that Steve and I focus on getting each bullet point completed.  At the moment, this is what I've got planned:

Tuesday: double toddler day
Thursday: Bella's bone doctor
Sometime this week: buy for Lynsie, Bella, and Dad; buy baby furniture
Next weekend: Angela's birthday, Michelle's birthday (even though I sadly won't be where she is for that one), paint the baby room (so I've been promised...)
Dec. 15: make sure that Evelyn has gotten her birthday present!
Dec 17: go see Dr Potter and beg her to induce me in early January :) (I think I'll do some baking for the office to help my case, and ya know, cause they've been so wonderful the past 2 years)
Dec 19: Christmas/Baby party at Heidi's
Dec 23: make sure Natalie has an awesome birthday party

From there, its cake.  We just have to make it there and make sure things are done on time.  With me, there's no guarantee anymore, but I try my hardest!  I hate not getting things done on time or having things that need to be done looming over my head, so this month is certainly keeping me on my toes.  But its all worth it.  I get to do good things for some great people and celebrate the holidays with family, including a new little member here in a couple of days!  So, Happy Holidays!  May your holiday to-do list be as easy to complete as I am hoping mine is :).

No comments:

Post a Comment