Sunday, December 26, 2010

My contraction!

Christmas is one of my favorite times of year because its always an awesome excuse to hang out extra with friends and family!  Besides that, there's always tons of good food to enjoy.  But for once, I've had something else on my mind during this holiday season.  Bet you can't guess what that is...HA HA!  It's Jude of course.  He isn't an outside part of the family yet, but he sure loves to make his presence known to mommy. 

Since 26 weeks or so, I've been getting a lot more aches and pains.  In particular, I've been feeling those pesky Braxton Hicks.  With Bella, I always thought they were really cool to have because it was just a sign of how close I was getting to having a baby.  That was not the case this time.  My contractions with Jude are far more uncomfortable and they started 9-10 weeks earlier than they did with Bella.  My oh my does it make for an interesting day.  I can't imagine what people think when they look over at me and see my face contort while I brace myself to get through a BH.

Well, that went on until a couple weeks ago, then all of a sudden it slowed down.  For a week.  Now, and since last Sunday or so, I am getting a ton of these contractions and they are becoming really uncomfortable.  I think it may have to do with my size as well.  The contractions seem to pair with a decent amount of back pain.  I am surprised though at how easily I'm able to cope with them.  I suppose its the season and all the warm fuzzies that come with it.  I am by no means silent about the discomfort, but its easy for me to remember that its all a part of the process and it just means I'm getting closer and closer to having a baby again!

Besides, I can always remind myself that when it comes to having a baby, the phrase "No pain, no gain" is extremely accurate :).

2 comments:

beaukay917 said...

It's crazy how close you are getting! It then reminds me how close I am getting too. Time flies. My question would be what exactly do your BH feel like? I've read all kinds of things online about what they feel like, but just not sure what to believe and what not to believe you know?! The little one is kicking like crazy so I know he's still doing great. Hope your holding out OK! :)

klcalder said...

When I have a contraction, my stomach gets hard and it feels like my skin is being pulled back over my uterus to make my stomach hard. It sometimes forces me to take a good breath too. Sounds weird, right? But the main thing is that a good portion of my tummy feels like a rock. If it isn't half or more of my tummy that tightens up, its usually just the baby stretching outward. I think I explained that alright :) I think though, that it can vary glfrom woman to woman. It's also true that you may not feel them or barely feel them the first time. I had no clue what they were at first with Bella!

Post a Comment