Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Hello Kleenex!

So I'm chilling at home, watching TV, and I realized something.  My hormones will never be the same again.  Ever.  I am watching a show about babies, of course.  Nothing seems to fascinate me more. Watching these shows does three things to me.  One, when I watch these shows, I become VERY weepy.  Seriously, like a little bitch.  I can't help it.  I can't stop it.  The tears just start to well up.  There is just something so special about seeing a mom, or dad, with her, or his, kid, be it at birth or months later. 

Second, it causes me to go nuts with names.  I love finding out what people name their babies!  It fascinates me to no end.  There are just so many names out there and its a battle to find the right one for your kiddo.  You have to like it, your partner has to like it, and its nice to consider how that name will fit for that child when they are both young and old.  Then there's name meaning and association, I could go on for quite a while.  I actually have a short list of names I am considering for my next baby.  A short list that has been compiled from a very, very large list that I compiled from various baby name books.

Third, watching these shows also makes me want my next kid....like now.  I haven't had an impossible time with my little girl, but taking care of her and her somewhat simple issues isn't a walk in the park.  So, one who knows me might think I'm out of my mind to be ready for another baby.  In reality, I am at the point where I am thinking that if I can handle this baby, I can handle anything, for worse or for better!  Only time will tell.  I'm not actively trying, but thinking about it, so we'll see how that actually turns out.

I have to ask myself every once in a while why I choose to watch these shows.  However, whatever answer I come up with doesn't stop me from watching them again and again.  They're just too interesting.  I mean I have friends in college who still watch some of them, like "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant".  So, I will just have to learn to cope with my new hormones because they are as much a part of me as my big left toe!  And they certainly won't get any better if I have another baby!

Bring on the tissues!  And another episode with the Duggars :).  PEACE!

1 comment:

Tory said...

i just read that the top Girl Name so far for 2010 is Sookie. After a (very cool) character on True Blood.

Post a Comment