Friday, April 23, 2010

So surgery in any capacity is weird.  I had some work done to my big toes on both feet yesterday and now that I actually have to take care of the wounds, I'm finding it very difficult. 

When I was in high school, I totally thought I would be a doctor or a nurse.  I love the idea of helping people and I am quite interested in helping people through good and bad times.  However, when I get any work done to myself, I remember why I second guessed that option.  I am a huge wuss when it comes to wounds and pain.  Thus the decision for an epidural and why I refused to watch them do anything while they worked on my feet. 

Now, I am forced to redress my toes everyday and it freaks me out!  I know that these wounds could look alot worse, but its still, its blood and a cut on my body that I allowed to be there.  I can't help but wonder that if I had decided to take some classes in the nursing department if I wouldn't be such a wimp about it all, but I guess I'll never know.

For now, I'm gonna hobble back into the bedroom and ignore the large bandages on my feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment