Monday, April 5, 2010

Oh What I Would Wear

How do you know you've watched too much "What Not to Wear"?  Well, when you start saying "shut the front door" and you obsess about all of the stuff you would buy with that fabulous $5000 gift card.  I have begun to do both.  The phrase is self explanitory, but the shopping, that's a bit more involved.  If the baby's asleep and I have some free time to browse the web, I look at all the delicious designer duds that I could buy if I had tons of cash!  My favorite would have to be Coach.  I have grown a sick fascination with handbags.  There's just something about those little c's all over the fabric that I love.  I think I might have to look to my mom for that obsession because she was, at one point, CONSTANTLY buying handbags off of eBay.  Now I'm hooked. 

Then there's my friend Lauren.  This girl can wear a very plain white t-shirt with a sick pair of skinny jeans and a necklace from Anthropologie and look freakin fabulous!  Then I find myself wondering if I would look just as fabulous wearing the same thing.  After all is said and done, though, it isn't about the clothes or the bags or even the jewelry.  It's all about how you feel while wearing them.  Putting on a beautiful pair of heels gives me a great feeling of power.  I honestly never thought I would say that, or think that, but its so very true!  Give me a great pair of red heels, some dark wash jeans, a fitted black T, and a set of pearls and I will feel on top of the world.

So thank you Lauren and thank you Stacy London and Clinton Kelly for making me realize that I can feel as awesome as I look if I just find the right outfits!

No comments:

Post a Comment