Sunday, August 1, 2010

4 more weeks

So I have another doctor's appointment coming up on Wednesday.  I always look forward to these appointments because there is nothing more reassuring than hearing the heartbeat of the baby.  Of course, until you can feel the baby kick, then you have a daily reminder!  Anyway, I'll be exactly 14 weeks when this visit occurs.  That means one awesome thing: no more first trimester.  Its gone.  Over with!  DONE!  Not to say that I still don't use the bathroom all the time.  Or have waves of nausea.  But soon enough, it will subside.

There is one more exciting fact about this visit and that is it is the last visit before my next sonogram, most likely.  My next visit will happen at 18 weeks or shortly thereafter.  Last pregnancy, I was 18 weeks and 5 days along when we did our second trimester sonogram and found out our peanut was set to be a girl.  And shortly after that, I started to feel some kicking.  So, I'm pretty excited about getting through this next month and onto the next milestones.  I should feel kicking a bit sooner than last time, but of course there is no guarantee.  And that next appointment, we should find out if this baby is a girl or a boy, but, again, you never know.  We could have a shy baby.  I hope not. 

If I can make it through Disney World and my mom's birthday, then its only a matter of time.  With all of the things going on this month, I'm really hoping it goes by quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment