Sunday, August 22, 2010

No! I don't like your funk music!

Ugh, that's all I have to say.  I think it's high time that I take a day to reflect.  I am naturally an emotional person who is easily affected by things, no matter how much I pretend I'm not.  That makes life a little bit difficult when things don't go your way.  So, the past few days have tested me and I'm not a huge fan.  I wouldn't go so far as saying I am a heavily depressed person, but I easily sink into a mild depression when things seem to be constantly weighing me down.  I do still have my spa gift certificate that Steve gave me for mother's day.  I think that soon I'm going to take that day and relax.  I know I can't always have a spa day when I'm feeling down in the dumps, but this time around I'm lucky enough to have the option!

The great thing about these little funks of mine is that it doesn't take much to wake me back up to reality.  Just a little bit of relaxation, whether it be with good company, a little getaway, or a delicious dessert, will make all the difference in making me feel better.  I think that relaxation is the best way to take a moment and reflect on what's really important.  No matter how stressful life gets, I still have friends and family, Steve still has a job and we are well provided for, and we are always taking baby steps to the next big hooray!  Time for a big woo-sah to get back to a little bit of normalcy around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment