Thursday, August 12, 2010

Vacation Bliss? Or Blunder?

What really is a vacation?  Is it a getaway to another place?  Is it taking time away from all of your stress?  Is it having fun with family or friends?  It can be all of those things!  But what really makes a vacation what it is, in my opinion, is being able to relax and have little to no responsibility.  So, I'm going on a so-called vacation.  This vacation is to Disney World.  To me, that is not a stress free vacation.  There's so much to do that you don't get much time to sit back and relax.  Its all about seeing the park and riding all of the attractions you love so much.  You want to catch your favorite characters.  Now, take all of that excitement and add a 10 month old baby, a nearly 4 month pregnant mom, and two unwelcome colds.  Not cool.

How am I gonna make this all worth it?  Well, I can't do anything about our colds except wait them out and try to make Bella and myself comfortable until they go away.  I also won't do anything about being 4 months pregnant.  That's here to stay!  And I'm not leaving Bella behind, because I think that everyone (aside from my mother, who would take care of her if I left her with anyone) would be very upset if I said the baby wasn't going to go.  What I can do is adapt to the situation.  Its going to be hot outside, so we'll need to make sure we have lots of cool water and find indoor activities when possible.  I think it would be wise to get a mini-fan for the baby, as well.  Both of us will tire out easily, due to multiple reasons, so activities that involve sitting and opportunities for Bella to nap in someones arms are a must. 

Two things I plan to take full advantage of on this trip, to make things easier, are all of the extra sets of arms that can take Bella when I need a break and the pool that the hotel offers.  It will be hot and we'll probably spend a good amount of time at the hotel so that Bella can have her naps (and probably myself, too).  Why wouldn't I go down to the pool to keep cool?  I've got a maternity swimsuit (not that I really need it quite yet) and Bella has 2 swimsuits, a floatie, and 3 summer hats for shade.  We're ready for the pool. 

I think the one obstacle that can really make this trip a bummer, though, is our colds.  Who wants to be sick on a vacation?  NO ONE!  If you do, you're really, really weird.  So, I'm hoping that she stays perky, like she has thus far, and I'm hoping that it doesn't get any worse.  At least for Bella.  I can cope with being sick pretty easily.  But I'm not a fan of her being uncomfortable or in pain.  I've got the meds and remedies for our colds ready to go, so all we have to do now is go!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I have a small fan with a water reservoir to use for misting. It's about the size of my hand and very easy to carry (it has a clip for attaching it to things). If you'd like to borrow it, you are welcome to do so.

klcalder said...

Ooo! I like that! I may even buy one for myself. Where did you get it? Bella loves wind in her face, so it may be worth it just to invest in one!

Post a Comment