Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Time is a Slug

Due to a little need for maneuvering for schedules, I still have 2 weeks until my next sonogram.  We are 8 weeks away from Bella's first birthday.  There are about 11 weeks left until her next MRI.  13 weeks and change until Thanksgiving.  17 and a half weeks until Christmas. AND 23 weeks until my due date.

None of these are particularly large numbers, so why does it feel like they're so far away?  Besides that, why does it feel like time can't go fast enough?  So many people I know are in no rush for time to fly by, but I am the exact opposite.  I'm not saying I want things to fly by, but it doesn't even seem like things are coming at a normal rate of time! 

One thought I had about this weird situation of mine is that perhaps I have TOO much to look forward to.  I am naturally a planner and I think ahead constantly.  This has turned out to be more of a curse than a blessing.  I constantly stress myself out with the feeling that something needs to be done, so I keep a tight schedule and plan my events as far in advance as possible.  While this does make me feel better once I'm in the midst of things, waiting for something to happen can be very distressing.

I like to think that I need to take things one day at a time, but I haven't been very good at living this mantra.  I'm not sure that I want to stop planning, but perhaps finding more ways to fill my day will help calm my nerves.  So, I'm taking suggestions.  Preferably suggestions that don't cost anything.  Or at least cost less than 5 bucks!  Maybe then I can find something to do without staring at a calendar, wondering when time is going to speed up!

No comments:

Post a Comment