Monday, August 30, 2010

One week to go

This is going to be one of the longest weeks of my life.  I have no plans.  I have something big to look forward to.  One week from tomorrow I will have my second sonogram for this pregnancy.  Most of you know what that means: gender identification.  Of course, Randy will make sure that the baby is developing well and everything looks right for the anatomy.  I want everything to be OK on that front, but we all know that the fun part, the part you look forward to, is finding out the gender.

I felt the same way waiting for Bella's gender sonogram.  I was so anxious.  I thought time couldn't fly fast enough.  The sad part is that I was working at the time.  Now, I don't have that to pass the time.  Although I have Bella to take care of now, time seems to move more slowly because I am waiting for things for her as well.  So much waiting can drive you MAD!  Though, the only difference between this time and last time is that I wasn't nearly as concerned with something being wrong with Bella. 

Everything with her was so new and amazing.  I knew that anything could happen, but I just felt that I had been lucky thus far and nothing could go wrong.  This time, I have been more cautious.  It isn't just now, it has been this way throughout the pregnancy.  I don't really know why, but things feel more realistic than fairytale.  Either way, a good part of me is still all excitement.  I can still push those worried feelings aside and get excited.  And I will tell you, I am VERY excited to find out the gender and see that things are looking good for our newest peanut! 

So, that leaves the question:  boy or girl?

3 comments:

Tory said...

Are you taking Votes? Can you do that?

Trisha said...

It's sad to hear but it seems like some of the issues you've had to overcome made you a lot more wary. I've been like that all my life - always expecting the worse! It's stressful at times like these!

If you're in Keller and have time why not come visit?!

klcalder said...

There is a poll on the blog! Take a guess!

And I am kind of wary, but also the newness of pregnancy isn't there this time. So when you aren't spending time being excited about everything, you think about what can go wrong. :) Doesn't help that Bella keeps me busy and stressed! Gotta love my baby!

Post a Comment