Thursday, August 19, 2010

Heat Wave

Home has never been so awesome!  I can safely say that Disney World with an infant is an adventure.  You need to have lots of patience.  You also have to accept that your child will cry.  And more than anything, children under the age of 2 do not care about rides.  At all.  They just don't.  Often, rides are loud and there is almost too much going on for the baby to be able to really enjoy it.  Also, don't go on The Great Movie Ride.  That turned out to be our worst decision of the week. 

Another suggestion I would give to anyone thinking about taking an infant to an amusement park: know your kids cues and obey them to a T!  It will save you some grief.  When Bella got fussy, we quickly assessed the situation and figured out what she wanted.  And you know what, she napped!  At the park!  I wasn't really expecting that.  And it made a world of difference.  When Bella napped at the park, she was able to enjoy everything else while awake. 

Now, what DO babies like at the parks?  You'd be surprised, but the big characters.  At such a young age, I think its less likely for a baby to find the large characters scary.  It seemed to me that all Bella saw was a bunch of color and she loved it!  Especially Tigger.  Orange seems to be a favorite of hers.  The other main attractor was the Princess tent.  You could walk in and meet the Disney Princesses.  Well, of course Bella loved that!  There were pretty faces smiling back at her!  She eats up that kind of attention like its the source of life!  The other super fun thing to do with babies: eat a good meal.  Going to a sit down restaurant was almost imperative for a good time.  You got cool air and some good food, and Bella loved relaxing and eating some cheerios.  Save up the money to sit down because it is worth it!

No matter the good times or the stressful times of this vacation, I can safely say that I am more than thrilled to be home.  I am exhausted!  I know have less than 3 weeks until I have my next sonogram!  And, while I was gone, my little tummy baby turned into a mango on the LilyPie ticker!  I think I'm gonna spend the rest of this pregnancy blissfully at home, soaking up the changes my body will go through, including counting those kicks I've started to feel already!

No comments:

Post a Comment