Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Fun with Registries

Alright, I registered for stuff!  I had a lot of it planned out already anyway, but I updated bedding and blankets and some clothing to reflect that we're having a boy!  I was surprised that I ended up picking so many things, but granted, some of them I just liked and don't have to have.  In reality, there are a lot of things that I don't have to have.  It would be good to have extras of some things like towels and another high chair (or booster since Bella will be big enough!). 

Of course, I need boy clothes.  I do already have a small head start from things my mom had stashed (for whatever reason, seeing as she has all granddaughters until now) and a friend who's willing to let me pick out some of hers since her kiddo is too big for a lot of his clothing now.  I find it more difficult to find cute boy clothing, mostly due to one fact: I hate overalls.  I think they look silly.  I also am a fan of lighter colors and a lot of boy clothes are brighter and have big characters on them, etc.  I have a feeling I will have good luck with the clothing I'm swiping from Heather though.  I've seen it in pictures and I assure you I have seen many cute things!

I would like new bedding for the crib I'm going to need.  I think we're going to go with a laguna/sea theme.  I'm super picky with boys bedding because so much of it is too cartoon-y in my opinion.  Either the colors are really bright or the characters look ridiculous.  But the bedding I picked out has a more muted color scheme and decent characters.  I really liked the idea of green for the nursery walls since the kids will share a bedroom for a while.  So, this laguna theme bedding is a perfect fit!  Bella will keep her pink birds bedding even though it won't quite match, but that's fine because she's a girl and I love pink!  Besides, I guarantee you there will be a princess corner of that room.  I'm sure there will be plenty of Star Wars paraphernalia to counter act it.

I mixed up my registries this time.  Instead of going solely with Target, I also registered with Babies R Us.  Target has a limited selection of bedding and I wasn't really a fan of any of it.  There's also the fact that Babies R Us has a load of everything.  You can find pretty much anything you want!  Now, I learned that when you actually go to purchase from a gift registry there, the lists they give you are a little confusing.  It can be a pain to try and find something if you have no clue where it is and the lists don't give you much clue of where to go.  But, again, Babies R Us has a lot of great things, so I registered for most of my items there.

I can't lie, even though it feels a little weird to register for a second baby, I loved every minute of it.  Picking out baby stuff is the bomb!  Whether I get any of it or not is no big deal, I'm just glad I got to have fun running around with a scanner!

1 comment:

Tory said...

Grats guys! now you'vew got the matching set, a boy and a girl! All you have to do to balance the sharing a room thing is remind Bella that LEIA is a princess. Star wars/princess problem solved!

Post a Comment