Sunday, September 12, 2010

Stop worrying about your stupid registry

I have now decided that I hate my registry.  I feel like it is constantly mocking me with things I should and shouldn't have on there.  It hasn't even been an entire week since I found out this baby is a boy!  I think we finally nailed down our nursery colors and so I changed the bedding to a set that Steve liked a little more than the laguna stuff.  Now its all forest creatures, which is super cute!  Even though that makes things a little less stressful, I find myself constantly going back and editing the registry to whittle it down to what I would really like to have.  I know I want to get all of the room decor and bedding.  I also want the clothing accessories such as socks, mittens, and hats, because it IS going to be cold outside when Jude arrives.

Everything else on those two lists are things that I would like but can live without.  Some of it I wouldn't even bother getting and some of it I would retrieve at a later date.  So what's worth even keeping on the registry?  Hell, what's actually gonna be bought off of it?  It feels stupid to worry about a registry when you don't even know if you'll get anything off of it.  Nor should you worry about getting something off of it.  With a first baby, registries are awesome!  Everyone is so excited for you having your first baby and its time to get you started off on the right foot!  Subsequent children get gifts, but you've already gotten so many of the things that make up your daily arsenal of infant and children's products that you don't need a whole lot.

So, as frustrating as that is, it really isn't something that's worth worrying about.  This is a great mantra to repeat to yourself when you're worrying about something frivolous.  I'll be doing as such in the future and instead focusing my energy on more important things :)!

1 comment:

Elle Fowler said...

Registries are great even for a second kid, because those who would like to get gifts have no idea what you need and what you already have otherwise! You have plenty of time to iron out those details too!

Post a Comment